Vision

Saturday, March 15, 2014

A few days ago, I read this: "If we do not run our belief about God into practical issues, it is all up with the vision God has given.... The test is the sixty seconds of every minute, and the sixty minutes of every hour, not our times of prayer and devotional meetings. 'Though it tarry, wait for it.' We cannot attain to a vision, we must live in the inspiration of it until it accomplishes itself. We get so practical that we forget the vision. At the beginning we saw it but did not wait for it; we rushed off into practical work, and when the vision was fulfilled, we did not see it.... It is essential to practice the walk of the feet in the light of the vision." It is still very fresh. Actually I keep turning back to it, every time I open my little brown copy of Chambers, finding myself struck again and again at the heart-piercing truths contained there. And I am ashamed to look willfully at my own soul, to know that I too am guilty of running ahead in the practical out-workings of the vision, then becoming suddenly disillusioned when I miss the fulfillment of it. Once there has been kindled that enthusiasm and vigor for the task of running the race, I still must wait, and walk in the light of God's will. The practical is good, and profitable, and absolutely necessary. But all in His time, not mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)