Thankfulness Day 2: Time Spent with Curtis at Medical School

Tuesday, October 14, 2014


Today I had a grand time with Curtis at medical school! I always enjoy it when I can join him for a day, because we love spending time together, and it's fascinating to get a window into the life of a med student. For most of the morning he was busy with lectures, during which time I sat in the med students' cafeteria and mowed through a very long computer-to-do list, and enjoyed wonderfully tasty smells wafting by (it seemed like everyone was eating something with bacon in it... all looking delumptious. Oh yum.).

In the afternoon, Curtis had something called a "Simulated Patient work-up," in which he got to act out a patient encounter just as if he was the real doctor -- giving the patient a global check-up, and specifically evaluating them for chest pain. Then more hours of study. And reviewing notes with classmates. And discussing material with professors. And finally, home!

If there is one feeling that I'm left with every time I join him for the day, it's that God is incredibly good to us. The university in this state has one of the best medical programs we have ever heard of, and the people we've met are amazing. I'm also very blessed to have such an incredible brother (three of them, actually)!

[For a meeting of med school Alumni from the 50's, Curtis was chosen to represent the current class - hence the above picture as he describes the med school of today]

I am so proud of him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)