Happy Thoughts

Friday, August 7, 2015

 {our own little baby Cardinal}

Sometimes the smallest things make me happy.

I heard a cicada singing and it reminded me of long, hot Oklahoma days. I like Oklahoma.

I heard a favorite song playing in the grocery store, and it made me smile.

Bro #3 took me out for coffee this morning, and something launched us both unexpectedly into a fit of laughter. It's still unclear what caused it.

I opened an old book of piano solos the other day, and the first thing I saw was THE piece I have been searching for for many years. It had been there all the time, just waiting for me to find it. Now I'm finally learning it.

The baby Robins under our deck flew the nest this week.

Bro #2 installed a new light in the laundry room and effectively changed my life. Sometimes I just stand there and gaze at how lovely and bright it is now.

I heard somebody's ringtone yesterday and it reminded me of an old friend.

I exchanged a smile with a total stranger as I waited at a light and they waited to cross. It was like catching a ray of the sun.

I will be in California in twelve days, 16 hours and 44 minutes from now.

A farmer gave me a bunch of basil so big that it has kept us happily eating pesto for a week.

I'm making Cincinnati chili for dinner tonight as I type this. The smell of chili cooking is good for the soul.

"You make me smile like the sun, 
Fall out of bed,
Sing like a bird,
Dizzy in my head -
You make me dance like a fool,
Forget how to breathe,
shine like gold, 
buzz like a bee,
Oh, you make me smile."
(Kracker)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)