The California Trip: Part Four

Monday, August 31, 2015



We Oak Brook College of Law alums are totally spoiled because the annual alumni meeting is held at such a beautiful place. It is also a tasty place...


I love those squeeze bottles. And that burger was incredible.


Here is me attempting to pose with a cairn. We Adams have a thing about cairns; whenever we see them we feel the need to do our part by adding a little pebble. It's a tradition, you know. :)


Here I was supposed to be showing how low the water level currently is (due to the drought), but mostly I was just enjoying the hot sand under my feet, the sound of the birds overhead, and the pleasant algae-smell of the beach. It was a good day.


Last but definitely not least - it was SO GOOD to catch up with this dear friend!!! We successfully solved all of the world's problems over the weekend. Or something like that. :) It was so, so, so wonderful to discuss life, share hearts, and encourage one another to greater things (thank-you Laura). It was so, so, so wonderful to enjoy last snippets of fellowship with fabulous people. It was good to hear interesting ideas (thank-you Emily M). It was good to enjoy fish and chips out on the beautiful terrace with awesome people (thank-you Chris). It was good to talk politics (thank-you Mark).

I had a blast! It was sad to leave, but my heart is full with sweet memories, and the inspiration that comes from gleaning wisdom from those who are ahead of me in this journey of life. 

God is so good to me! I'm really grateful for all the opportunities He gives.

(the CA journal will be wrapped up tomorrow...)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)