A sign of spring...or not yet

Thursday, May 11, 2017


This is what our yard looked like two days ago!

This is what it looks like now:


Yes, those are snow clouds, doing what snow clouds do best: painting our valley white again. We woke up this morning to find a thick layer covering everything, and it was just slightly discombobulating because for a moment, I couldn't remember what season it was. Fall? Winter? Spring? A combo? Huh?

Then I remembered: this happens every year. And Spring IS coming even if it's wearing a white coat at the moment. I know that because 1) the daffodils are still blooming, 2) the grass is still greening, and 3) the Robins are still singing.

Oh, and as I was looking out the kitchen window this afternoon, I saw the very first Eastern Bluebird of the season!! It made me shriek with delight! Ibs can testify to this fact. I LOVE bluebirds.

I'm still waiting for the Indigo Bunting to show up. Any day now...

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are lovely! It'll look like spring again soon!

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so right!! Thank you for the encouragement :) The sun finally popped out this morning and it's feeling very much like spring...I LOVE this season!

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)