Happy 2016!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

 


January is here, and it’s time to make goals for this New Year. I always LOVE this process! I have a long list of exciting things I want to accomplish, everything from getting better on the cello to publishing a book to learning how to plate food beautifully. I can hardly wait to start working on interesting projects and gaining new skills, and it’s probably the same for you.

But what about character goals? What goals do you have for getting over character gaps and becoming a better person?

Let’s make 2016 the year in which we accomplish great things, and I’d like to suggest that we make some of those things character-related: how you relate to your siblings, what thoughts you think, how you respond to that unexpected task someone gives you, what you say to the person who hurts your feelings.

Whatever the gap is, this is the year to overcome it!

So here’s my challenge for you: get a paper and pen, swallow your pride (if you have any left after reviewing last year’s goals list)(just keepin’ it real :), and ask each family member individually to tell you the one character strength they think you should develop the most. Write them all down and then make part of your goals list a plan for how to overcome them. 

Here’s to a God-honouring 2016!!

And here is an excerpt from the ancient pictures department...

1 comment:

  1. love this, friend! Bring on 2016- I am all about adventuring another year with my Jesus!

    love and blessings to you.
    -AB

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)