Thoughts on Artisan Relationships

Monday, January 6, 2014


Artisans are all about excellence. In a book I was reading last night, I came upon this quote: "Before he was married, one of my friends wrote to his fiancee about what he expected from his future wife... 'she must challenge me to the highest degree by completely honest criticism of me... when she is disappointed in me, she must not withdraw her confidence... she must help me untiringly to overcome my weaknesses... she must never pretend, but must tell me honestly, when I have hurt her.'" (Trobisch)

An artisan relationship is a relationship of intentionality, of undying love and complete honesty, of steadfast care for one another. Girls who want honesty and trust in a relationship must be willing to invest the same in the lives of the people around them. The best place to practice before marriage is at home. Your parents. Your siblings. And then one day, your husband.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)