God's Say-So

Thursday, June 5, 2014

(a young friend in Indiana)

I read this morning: "My say-so is to be built on God's say-so. God says -- 'I will never leave thee,' then I can with good courage say -- 'The Lord is my helper, I will not fear--' I will not be haunted by apprehension. This does not mean that I will not be tempted to fear, but I will remember God's say-so. I will be full of courage.... What are you dreading? You are not a coward about it, you are going to face it, but there is a feeling of dread. When there is nothing and no one to help you, say -- 'But the Lord is my Helper, this second, in my present outlook.' ....
Frailty is another thing that gets in between God's say-so and ours. When we realize how feeble we are in facing difficulties, the difficulties become like giants, we become like grasshoppers, and God becomes a nonentity. Remember God's say-so -- 'I will in no wise fail you.
Have we learned to sing after hearing God's key-note? Are we always possessed with the courage to say -- 'The Lord is my helper,' or are we succumbing?" (Oswald Chambers)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)