Easter Weekend Activities

Monday, April 6, 2015


We started Easter weekend with an epic Settler's game on Friday evening. One of Curtis' classmates joined us and it was a blast!


Just getting started... the stress was already mounting by this point. Several ones of us may or may not have found it necessary to get up and pace back and forth a few times during the game.

I also may or may not have consumed an unearthly amount of sugar that night. Boy, was it ever tasty. I have an excuse: it was Easter weekend.

Also, Ibby's pots de crème are simply heavenly.

And our guest had brought Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

And he had also brought gelato.

And cookies.


You know that feeling when you just cannot decide where is the best spot to place your little houses? Perfectly exemplified by this picture.


Now for a picture of Curtis suturing a greasy blob of chicken. This is the method most med students use to learn the art of suturing... first he cuts the chicken with the scalpel, then he stitches it up as though it was a human.

It was fascinating! And Curtis taught Ibs and I how to do it, which was quite fun. That is the first time I have ever sutured a chicken!


Augs and Mums and I went out for breakfast one morning (okay, so it wasn't on Easter weekend, but I came across the picture and I thought I'd post it anyway :). I had an absolutely delicious sausage and pepper omelette...

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of what our Easter Sunday actually looked like - i.e. snow, and lots of it. :)

Happy Spring, everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. Okay...next time y'all come visit we need to play Settlers together! Its our current favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Let's plan on it. That game is addicting, I think... once you start playing it, it's hard to focus on anything else. :) Plus, it's stressful because almost without fail, you get down to the last few turns and there are several people really close to winning. I definitely think our two families have some epic Settlers games coming!!

      Delete
  2. yes, totally agree! That game is addicting. And so good for the brain! And terribly competitive! There is a tendancy towards many groans and yells at our home when Settlers is being played.:) We definitely need to play with ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)