Texas Memories

Wednesday, February 24, 2016


This is Goaters. 

I had a flashback this morning when this picture landed on my desktop, sent to me by a brother who was experiencing the common ailment of TMTS. In case you don't know what that is, it's a case of Terribly Missing Texas Syndrome. Know the feeling?

Anyway, after contracting TMTS myself at the very thought of that place, a whole flood of wonderful memories came into my head and made me supremely happy. Texas just kinda does that to a person.

So I was thinking about all the good times with the above pictured animal, who thought she was a dog or a cat or maybe a human, but who was in reality the best, sweetest, cutest, and most funny-tempered goat that ever lived. We spent three months in her company, while we were in heaven, I mean while we were living on a Ranch in Texas (possibly the same thing?), and every day was peppered with the amusing, entertaining, and occasionally frustrating situations that only a goat can get you into. Someday I want to raise a little herd of them!

And now that little sis and I are both experiencing a relapse of TMTS due to looking (again) at this picture, we're going to go cook up a Texas-sized dinner for some hungry boys, which means a giant batch of biscuits, a large pot of soup, a big pan of brownies, a lot of fresh milk, and a promised frappuccino tomorrow morning. 

I love these people.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! I know how you feel! I lived in TX
    6 1/2 years and I miss it terribly after living here in CA for 12 years. I loved living there , I have many happy memories, and I left a huge piece of my heart behind in TX!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)