California Memories

Wednesday, September 21, 2016


This picture fills my heart with happiness. I can almost feel the warm sun again, hear the rustle of a sweet California breeze in the oak leaves, see the endless rolling hills carpeted in long golden grass...and remember what it was like to be there, really there, IN that wonderful State.

And I can almost taste the immense deliciousness of a freshly-baked Papa Murphy's pizza! I have never had any pizza so amazing in its perfection as PM's Chicken Garlic: you get it all wrapped up in a pleasant little cold package, ready to go into the oven, and a few minutes later you are in heaven.

It was like turning back the clock just walking into the place. The cool, air conditioned atmosphere, smelling of garlic and freshly-rolled dough, hit me in a lovely wave as I walked in the door, and in a moment I was a kid again, watching eagerly as the skilled pizza-makers dipped into various dishes of tasty ingredients and whipped up an awesome creation in just seconds. I have tried about a thousand times to replicate those exact flavors at home; but have not quite landed on the real thing.

Which is a good excuse for getting one when you happen to be in the land of your roots...



...oh, and when it's just you and your Mum there, said pizza lasts for three fab dinners. And I still wanted more.

5 comments:

  1. If you love CA so much let's switch state's for a time! I'll stay in Vermont until the beautiful Autumn season is over, and I'll come back to California for the winter, you can have all the snow! Haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or...how about you come visit??!! Then we could both enjoy this beautiful Autumn season here!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! And…you're soo beautiful. Your sweet heart and overflowing gratitude for this opportunity to visit your beloved CA are just so sweet.
    xoxo,
    Alli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...I miss you, girl!!! I'm wishing for another coffee-talk right NOW!! :)

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)