Pepper-Man & a late Vermont Fall

Monday, December 21, 2015

 



I think it is still summer in Vermont. These pictures were taken a couple of months ago, but it still looks pretty similar outside right now - except for the plants, and the leaves, and the green, and the sunshine, and Pepper-Man out there gardening. Despite the brown-ness of stick season, the temps remind me of June, and the lonely skis waiting for snow remind me that it is not June!

I like the name Pepper-Man. It was coined by a cute dark-eyed little girl at a small Vermont farmer’s market, from whom Curtis bought a lot of little pepper plants.
 


It has just begun to snow outside, and I am barely restraining myself from doing a wild whooping dance in the kitchen. I also feel like dancing because for the first time in six long days, I am feeling better! This last week has been a bit of a trial, as it always is when you’re knocked flat by a malevolent bug, but I am emerging a new person, and SO grateful for health. I am also incredibly grateful for an awesome family who takes great care of me when I’m sick!

While I’m still sort of on the subject of summer, peppers, and gardening, here is Bro #3 with a plateful of peppers that he and Bro #2 were getting ready to stuff. 

 

  


Here are said peppers, stuffed and oozing with cheesy perfection. These are AMAZING!! I think I could live on stuffed peppers. You could, too, if you’d try these… sure to win your heart, your stomach, and your wallet because they’re home-grown.

All this, and more, if you come for a visit!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)