Five things I'm thankful for today

Thursday, November 24, 2016

{enjoying playing games with good friends on our recent GMHC 2016 trip}

Five things I am grateful for today:

1. To have Curtis home for the day, resting from his cardiology rotation, and present with us for all the games and food and laughter of this season. As I write, he is hand-painting skis in readiness for the slopes! I'll post a picture once he's done with the project. I promise you, you will be amazed.

2. SNOW!!!!! And lots of it. For several days, the constant deluge of white flakes falling from thick grey clouds has brightened our hearts with visions of upcoming bluebird days and black diamond runs. The countdown on our whiteboard only makes us more excited!

3. Good books. As soon as I finish this, I'm going to go curl up in a comfy chair (hey, it's Thanksgiving!) and soak in a few more pages of "Scatter" - a book that I now feel like pretty much every single person in the world should read. :)

4. Tasty food. And the fact that I just accomplished one of my 2016 goals, by making authentic French croissants at home; results will be judged by the startling realization that within only a couple of hours, the entire batch was gone. Disappeared. Consumed. And requested again.

5. An awesome family, great friends, and a God who makes everything beautiful in His time. I have a LOT to be grateful for this Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this, Ems! Amen-so much to be grateful for this season!
    Anddd...I feel like I need to hear more about this amazing book named Scatter! Book review post, pretty please?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall think about it!! That's a good idea...I need to finish reading the book, and then you can stay tuned :)

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)