Life, good memories, and a very beautiful place

Tuesday, November 8, 2016


It all comes from looking at old pictures. I was sorting through picture folders recently while looking for a few from Les Iles de la Madeleine, to send to a friend. And it was inevitable. The more pictures I looked at, the more I thought fondly of that wonderful place, all the wonderful people there, and all the wonderful memories we made during our Islands years.

It was a very pleasant experience. I decided I should look through old pictures more often.


This was our backyard view for eons. Can't say this mission field was hard on the eyes.


Can't say that the location of our rented home was hard on the sensibilities (unless you're afraid of cliffs).


But I will say that it was cold. And freezing, blustery, snowy, icy, windy, and beautiful. I loved it.


This, friends, is what you call Ice Jumping. It's an Adams-invented sport and it involves much leaping around between bobbing, slushy ice floes, punctuated by startling dips into chilling water when a wave hits unexpectedly. At which point you climb soddenly out onto the shore, the winter wind smacks you full force, your clothing immediately freezes solid into one icy board (I'm not kidding), and you run for home like your life depends on it (it sort of did a few times...). By the next day, you're ready to tackle those unpredictable ice chunks again and outwit the sneaky waves. Life is an adventure!

And speaking of adventures, tomorrow morning at 4:30 a.m. we will embark on the GMHC 2016 trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just a little excited. In fact, it is pretty much all I can think about right now. In fact, that is the reason why I need to go pack right now.

And watch the election.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)